James Patrick Lovallo
Languages & Version Control
Preferred Development Tools
Graphics & Media Experience
Marketing & Promotion Experience
Operating System Experience
Web Development Experience
Front-End DeveloperAugust 2017 - Present
- Wrote front-end code to customize customer-facing point of sale kiosks, mobile ordering apps, and online ordering web apps for restaurant and corporate cafeteria customers.
- Refactored the front-end interface to reduce project completion time by > 90%.
- Rebuilt the interface in reusable, semantic, and accessbile components.
- Refactored the mobile and online ordering products to re-use 95% of code from the kiosk.
- Created variable-based customization workflow to reduce custom CSS.
- Was recognized Employee of the Quarter (Q1 2019) for dramatic improvements to the product’s interface that improved the stability and customizability of the product, resulting in faster project turnaround times and increased sales and customer satisfaction.
Full Stack DeveloperSeptember 2010 - Present
- Full Stack Development and independent business consulting, serving nonprofits, small businesses and political campaigns using a variety of stacks as best fit the needs of each client. (See ‘Skills’ above)
Web Design SpecialistAugust 2016 - September 2017
- Designed digital marketing resources for the GM family of brands, vehicles and dealers.
- Integrated third-party digital sales and marketing solutions into dealer websites
Combined Teaching Experience
Teacher | SFF: Detroit, Woodward Academy, Hamtramck AcademyAugust 2014 - August 2016
- Taught English, grade levels 7-12.
- Served as an Academic Advisor and Robotics Class Instructor. (1st & Vex Robotics)
- Independently planned and taught English Reading Recovery courses, grade levels 7-12.
- Employed a hybrid online curriculum (Edgenuity) and flexible scheduling to responsively support student learning.
- Worked closely with resource teachers to support English Second Language students and students with Individualized Learning Plans.
Education & Certification
East Lansing, MI
Bachelor of Arts, EnglishJanuary 2008 - June 2013
Bachelor of Arts, FrenchJanuary 2008 - June 2013
Michigan Secondary Education CertificationJune 2013 - June 2014
Summer Intensive in Standard (Touraine) FrenchJune - July 2012